The Management Derailers Solution is a brief screening tool that identifies individuals whose personalities present a risk of undermining the organisation’s success and derailing team performance.
It identifies twelve dysfunctional behaviours that can impair a person’s performance and/or present challenges for the team or organisation in which he/she is working.
The scales explored in the Management Derailers Solution include:
- Eccentric–Absent-minded: Disdainful of practical matters, prone to generate fanciful ideas, forgetful, unconventional, lacking realism.
- Appeasing–Acquiescent: Passive, unassertive, keen to placate others, requires high levels of support and reassurance, lacking self-confidence.
- Suspicious–Mistrustful: Cynical, guarded, prone to be impatient, intolerant and to have difficulty forming trusting mutually supportive relationships.
- Volatile–Explosive: tense-driven, lacking in frustration tolerance and social restraint, direct, forthright, temperamental, unpredictable.
- Undisciplined–Nonconformist: Not bound by organisational rules regulations and procedures, inattentive to detail, prone to make careless mistakes.
- Detached–Disengaged: Distant, aloof, socially inhibited, prone to dislike team work and to avoid forming close personal relationships.
- Rigid–Perfectionistic: Lacking expediency, inflexible, wedded to existing systems and procedures, unlikely to take a holistic, strategic view.
- Confrontational–Challenging: Lacking in tact and diplomacy, forceful and pushy, domineering, inclined to upset others, insensitive.
- Manipulative–Machiavellian: Political, prone to question others’ motive, reluctant to deal with people in an open and upfront manner.
- Avoidant–Passive: Anxious, prone to self-doubt, threat-sensitive, reluctant to express own views and opinions, socially-avoidant.
- Arrogant–Self-centred: Prone to ‘perform to the gallery’ and show off, opinionated, egotistical, inclined to dominate discussions.
- Moody–Sullen: Emotional, changeable, pessimistic, lacking energy and drive, fearful of failure, reluctant to take decisions, dour, forlorn.
Use: The Management Derailers questionnaire is a self-contained solution designed for adults who are in (or applying for) managerial calibre positions. It can be used:
- as a screening tool in selection
- to identify opportunities for behavioural change in development
Download Sample Derailers Report: Management Derailers Report Sample
Please get in touch for more details.